Saturday, January 6, 2018

Kicked Off Twitter When It Is Donald Trump Who Should Be Removed

As you might know, Donald Trump has used Twitter to harass, threaten and insult people, as well as to spread lies and promote himself. Recently, he even threatened to start a nuclear war, basically threatening every living being on the planet. Several people – myself included – reported his behavior to Twitter, for certainly this sort of thing violated the site’s rules. Twitter’s response was that threatening to kill everyone is okay. So I began posting responses on Twitter.  Here are a few of my posts:
  • So, Twitter, if it's okay to threaten everyone on the planet with nuclear war, then it absolutely has to be okay for me to say something like "I want to fucking kill Donald Trump." Right?
  • So, Twitter, if it's okay to threaten the word with nuclear war, then it absolutely must be okay for me to type something like "Donald Trump must die immediately." Right?
  • (to Twitter) So, Twitter, if it's okay for someone to threaten the world with nuclear war, then it must absolutely be okay for me to type something like "Donald Trump should be slaughtered this weekend." Right?
  • (to Donald) Wow, you are so fucking delusional, so fucking narcissistic. You are too dangerous to be allowed to continue living. I hope someone kills you today (and Twitter, that's okay to type, since it's okay to threaten the world with nuclear war).
  • Donald Trump should not be allowed to continue. He is dangerous, delusional, stupid and crazy. Please, someone, put an end to this fucking menace. (And Twitter, if it's okay to threaten the world with nuclear war, then it must be okay for me to type this.)
Well, soon enough, I was locked out of my Twitter account. The reason? Well, let’s let Twitter explain. This is the message that I received from the site:

“Hi Michael Doherty,
Your account, @MDMusicLog has been locked for violating the Twitter Rules.
Specifically for:
Violating our rules against abusive behavior.
You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice.”

And they included the post they considered in violation of their rules. That post is this one, a direct response to Donald Trump:

“Wow, you are so fucking delusional, so fucking narcissistic. You are too dangerous to be allowed to continue living. I hope someone kills you today (and Twitter, that's okay to type, since it's okay to threaten the world with nuclear war).”

Obviously, Twitter is choosing which users are subjected to their rules and which ones aren't. So I sent Twitter several messages in response throughout the day. Here they are:
  • That's not abusive. You can't allow one guy to threaten the entire world with nuclear war, and then not let someone else post something like that. Restore my account now. And quit asking for my phone number. I've already told you I don't give that out.
  • You can't let one person threaten the entire planet, and then not let me say that that person should be killed. Donald Trump is a dangerous, disturbed lunatic. Kick him off your site, or restore my account now.
  • Unlock my account now. Donald Trump threatened me and everyone else on the planet with nuclear war. You, Twitter, said that was okay. So then you cannot say that my threat to him - which isn't even a threat, actually - is against your rules. You have to make up your minds. Is threatening wrong or is it okay? If it's wrong, then you must kick Donald Trump off your site. If you allow him to stay, then you cannot silence my voice. If you have rules, they must apply to everyone. Unlock my account now or kick Donald Trump off now.
  • Donald Trump is threatening and scaring everyone. I merely said that I hope someone kills him, to put a stop to the terror. You can't let one person threaten the entire population and then not let another man say he hopes that person is killed. Make up your minds. Unlock my account, or kick Donald Trump off. He is a dangerous lunatic.
  • Unlock my account now. I am happy to follow your rules, provided that you require everyone to follow them. If Donald Trump is exempt, then you have to get rid of the rules. I expect a reply soon.
  • You people just sent me an email telling me to check out 5 new notifications on Twitter. So I tried to do as you suggested, but found I am still locked out of my account. How am I to check these notifications if you won't let me into the account? Tell me. I am curious.
Yeah, about that last one, Twitter actually sent me an email, letting me know that I had five new notifications, and telling me to check them out. The site was apparently nervous that I hadn’t visited it in five or six hours. Ridiculous. 

At this point, more than ten hours have passed since I've been able to access my account. The right-wing bastards at Twitter have not responded to any of my messages. But what unfortunately seems to be the case is that Donald Trump is above the rules, the very thing he brags about regularly. Twitter has a set of guidelines and rules, but then allows one user – Donald Trump – to violate them again and again. Perhaps it is time for everyone to boycott Twitter. 

4 comments:

  1. Here is an update. Today I received this message from Twitter:

    "Hello,

    We’re writing to let you know that your account features will remain limited for the allotted time due to violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically our rules against abusive behavior.

    To ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs on our platform, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse. This includes behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another person's voice.

    Please note that continued abusive behavior may lead to the suspension of your account. To avoid having your account suspended, please only post content that abides by the Twitter Rules."

    And here was my response: "Bullshit. You do tolerate it. That was my whole point. Did you not read my posts? The point I was making was that you tolerate it from Donald Trump, so you have to tolerate it from me. That was the point. So restore my account now."

    Something is very wrong with Twitter and the people who run it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is another update. Today I received the exact same message as I received three days ago, after repeated queries about how long this so-called allotted time is. So I responded: "What is the allotted time? You haven't specified. And what about Donald Trump? You tolerate his behavior, which crosses into abuse. He harasses, intimidates and uses fear to try to silence other people. And he threatened everyone with nuclear war. You can't have the rules apply to some and not others. Please respond to this specific message, not with some bullshit form response."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now, a new update. I've been sending Twitter messages, both from my email account and on the Twitter site, but I get the same bloody response (that is, when those bastards bother to respond at all). On the site, when you report a problem, it asks, "Description of problem." So today I answered: "My problem now is that you assholes at Twitter can't seem to answer a simple fucking question. I have been unfairly locked out of my account, and I keep getting a form answer saying something about 'allotted time.' My question, and please fucking answer it this time, is When precisely will my account be unlocked? I want a specific time here. Do not send me that same fucking answer again, you Nazi shitheads. Thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still locked out of my account; yet Twitter sends me several emails a day urging me to check out new updates and comments and such. Just how the fuck am I supposed to do that, Twitter? I've posted messages on Twitter's Facebook page, asking precisely that, but they delete those. Nice bunch of folks, those Twitter shits.

    ReplyDelete