Saturday, July 4, 2015

Sony Blu-ray Player Fails To Include Necessary Cable

I'm still completely baffled and annoyed by the fact that the Sony Blu-ray player that I purchased failed to include a necessary component, that being the cable that connects the player to the television. The player is completely useless without that cord. It's not just the fact that the player didn't include this cord, but that there was no warning on the box letting me know it wasn't included (though there was a warning about another cord not being included). So the price of the player was deceptive, for I had to spend more money to make the thing function. To me, that would be like buying a car, then finding out that it didn't include the key to the ignition. It's dishonest, and I expect Sony to reimburse me for the cost of the cord.

Here is a bit of my conversation with Sony (via Facebook):

Sony: Thank you for the reply, what is the model number of this Sony product so i could check if this accessory is included?-Jen (7-3-15, 3:55 p.m.)

Me: It's BDP-S1500. I was told the cable is not included. But it's not an accessory. It's a necessary element. It needs to be included. - Michael (7-3-15, 7:24 p.m.)

Sony: Hi Michael , We do understand that this really upsets you and upon checking the model, hdmi cable is not supplied with this unit. If you need assistance purchasing hdmi cable. Our Sony Store customer service team should be able to assist you further with that. You can contact them either by phone (877) 865-7669 or email sonystore@mailca.custhelp.com. Thanks! - Jerome" (7-3-15, 7:47 p.m.)

Me: I don't need assistance purchasing it. I purchased one. My point is it should be included, and I want to be reimbursed for this extra unforeseen cost. Anything that is absolutely necessary for something to function should be included. Or, at the very least, the box should have a warning label: "Hey, this machine won't work unless you spend another $15-$30 on a cable."  (7-3-15, 7:49 p.m.)

Sony has not yet responded to that last message.

I'll post further updates on this blog. In the meantime, I suggest to anyone who has purchased a Blu-ray player that didn't include a necessary component that you should write to Sony and demand to be similarly reimbursed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment