Sunday, October 4, 2020

Facebook Favors The Right Wing, Regardless Of Mark Zuckerberg’s Claims Otherwise

Facebook sucks. In so many ways, Facebook sucks. One thing that is really irritating about it is the site’s set of rules, which apply to some people and not to others. The racist scum Donald Trump is allowed to say any damn thing he pleases, but we are not allowed to respond to him in kind. I was kept from posting or commenting (or even clicking the “Like” button) for three days because of a comment that I posted on the asshole’s page. And, honestly, the comment was mild. You can judge that for yourself. This was when we first heard that he tested positive for the coronavirus. I replied: “Ventilators and health care are too good for the likes of you, Donald. Just crawl off into a hole somewhere, and take your whore with you.” Again, that is incredibly mild, particularly when compared to what I wanted to say to him, which is that a quick death is also too good for him, that he deserves to suffer in agony before receiving a painful and lonely death in prison.

Recently a Trump supporter had insulted and harassed me on Facebook, and when I reported that to Facebook, I received a response that his posts did not violate their rules. They most certainly did violate the rules, at least as they are applied to those on the left. Facebook claims to have a set of rules, but someone there is deciding to whom the rules apply and to whom they don’t. Also, the alert that I received told me I wouldn’t be allowed to post for twenty-four hours. That was a lie. I wasn’t allowed to post for three days. Here is the photo I took of the message I received, which includes my so-called offensive comment:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment